Dryer Vent Cleaning
Why Should I Clean My Dryer Vents?
Lint build-up in your dryer vents can cause reduced airflow, which in turn causes overheating. When this happens the high-temperature limit safety switch cycles on and off. Most switches weren’t designed to cycle on and off continuously which can cause them to fail.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission shows that there are an estimated annual 15,500 fires, 10 deaths, and 310 injuries associated with clothes dryers.
Accumulation of lint and reduced exhaust airflow provide conditions ripe for a fire. Lint is highly combustible and one of the main ingredients in a recipe for home-made fire starters.
Who Needs This Service?
Almost everyone with a dryer needs this service! Especially those homes with dryers located on inside walls, or those located on second-floor laundry rooms. These centralized locations cause dryers to be vented greater distances, sometimes 50 feet or more. This increases the risk for lint buildup and other obstructions which can seriously affect the dryer’s performance.
Some things to look for that might indicate that your dryer is not working properly:
- It takes more than one cycle to dry your clothes
- The dryer vent hood flapper doesn’t open
- The clothes that come out of the dryer are hotter than normal
What Is the Method?
Our comprehensive lint and debris-removing system include the Vent Vac, one of the most powerful vacuums in the industry today. We combine this powerful machine with the Cobra II – a powerful rotating brush that enables us to remove almost any type of blockage, including bird’s nests, from your dryer’s duct and vent system.
Also, our technicians will inspect your system for any damaged or disconnected events. We can also tell you if your venting system is up to your dryer manufacturer’s recommended specs.
With lower utility bills, and the longer life for your dryer and clothing, a dryer vent cleaning will pay for itself. Not to mention the peace of mind you will have in knowing that you have averted a potentially dangerous fire hazard in your home.